We are committed to handling your Personal Information with high standards of information security. We take appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative steps to maintain the security and accuracy of Personal Information we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as employing electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorized access.
- The Information We Collect
We may ask you to provide Personal Information, as defined below, at various times and places on this Website. In some cases, if you choose not to provide us with the requested information, you may not be able to access the entire Website or participate in all of its features such as checkout.
We process certain personal data when you:
- Visit our Website
- Log on to your Milanka account
- Enter information on our Website
- Shop at Milankamilanka.com online
- Provide information in other ways such as by subscribing to our emails or consenting to mobile messaging, where you are given the option to unsubscribe or opt out of receiving such communications, at the time of sign-up and in every subsequent email or mobile message.
We may collect the following personal information (collectively or individually, “Personal Information”):
- Your name
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Your IP address
- Your account number if you pay by credit or debit card
- Your browsing history on our Website and/or mobile app, while you are logged on to your Milanka account
- If you use one of our services, or participate in one of our events, classes, surveys, promotions, or sweepstakes, we may ask for additional information, such as your interests, or product preference
- From your purchases and other interactions with us, we obtain information concerning the specific products or services you purchase or use, such as your preferences, interests, sizing, and favorite brands.
When you place an order through our Website, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
- How We Use the Information We Collect
Milanka may collect your Personal Information, subject to applicable data privacy laws. The data we collect is necessary for the operation of our business and in our legitimate interest. We may use the information you provided to:
- Complete your purchase transactions
- Provide the services you request
- Send you our catalogs and other marketing materials
- Identify your product and service preferences, so we can notify you of new or additional products, services, and promotions that might be of interest to you
- Improve our merchandise selections, customer service, and overall shopping experience
- Contact you when you need us, such as answering a question you sent to our customer service team
- Comply with laws and enforce our agreements with you and other people who use our services
- To help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address)
- Share the information with our Website processor Shopify in order to operate our Website.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Website. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Where we require your Personal Information to complete your purchase transactions, failure to provide such information may result in us being unable to complete your transactions.
We undertake marketing only in compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, the California Consumer Privacy Act, and other applicable laws.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- Personal Information of Minors
Protecting children's privacy is very important to us. Our Website is a general audience website. We do not collect or maintain information from those we actually know are 13 years of age or younger, and no part of our Website is targeted to attract anyone under 13. We also do not send email correspondence to anyone who tells us that they are under the age of 13 without their parent's consent.
Children under the age of 13 should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before providing any Personal Information to anyone online. We urge parents and guardians to participate in their children's online activities and use parental control or other web filtering technology to supervise children's access to the web.
- Marketing to You
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by clicking to the corresponding link below:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- Your Right to Request Disclosure and Deletion of Information We Collect (CCPA)
We are committed to ensuring that you know what Personal Information we collect. To that end, you can ask us for the categories and specific pieces of your Personal Information that we've collected about you, shared for a business purpose, or sold in the 12 months prior to our receipt of your request.
You have a right to request deletion of the Personal Information we collect from you. If you request that we delete your Personal Information, you will no longer receive marketing or other communications from us, except when necessary to provide you with a good or service that you requested; perform a contract we entered into with you; maintain the functionality or security of our systems; or comply with or exercise rights provided by the law.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits California residents to annually request, free of charge, information about the Personal Information (if any) disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year.
To exercise your California privacy rights described above, please submit a verifiable request to us by:
- Emailing us at email@example.com;
- Calling us at 1(949) 500-8799; or
- Mailing a written request to: Milanka 2836 E. Coast Hwy, Corona Del Mar CA 92625
Only you or a person authorized by you to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for Right to Know or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative. We will need to verify your identity with your first and last name, email address, and shipping address.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We may deny your request if we are unable to verify your identity or have reason to believe that the request is fraudulent.
Consumer Request by an Authorized Agent. If any authorized agent submits a consumer request on your behalf, in order to confirm that person or entity’s authority to act on your behalf and verify the authorized agent’s identity, we require an email be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org , along with all of the below items:
- To verify the authorization to request on behalf of a California resident, one or more of the following: (1) California Secretary of State authorization, (2) written permission from the California resident, or (3) power of attorney.
To verify your identity, provide: (1) a copy of a valid Government Issued ID, and (2) a Utility Bill, Bank Statement, or similar documentation to verify your name and address.
To verify the identity of the California resident for whom the request is being made, provide two or more (all three when requesting a copy of the resident’s personal information) of the following:
- Valid government issued ID (not expired);
- Utility bill; or
- Email address.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
We will acknowledge receipt of the request within 10 days of its receipt. We will respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response to you electronically, whether or not you have an account with us. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will provide the responsive information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily useable format that allows you to transmit the information to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. (“Shopify”). Shopify provides us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. All data collected by us is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. Shopify stores your data on a secure server protected by a firewall.
- Third-Party Services
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use, and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your Personal Information will be handled by these providers.
Please note that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a jurisdiction other than either you or us (e.g. different country). So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
We never sell your Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes or any other purpose.
Links. While visiting our Websites, you may link to websites operated by our business partners or other third parties. This does not mean that we endorse these websites. We do not make any representations or warranties about any website you may access through this Website. They are independent from us, and we have no control over, or responsibility for, their information or activities.
- Age of Consent
By using this Website, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this Website.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
- Question and Contact Information
2836 E. Coast Hwy
Corona Del Mar CA 92625
Last Updated: March 2021